Search This Blog

Monday 8 July 2013

Moths and Megan Frau

The First project for my second year at uni is on tailoring and over the summer we had to come up with a concept. At the moment I am greatly inspired by the artist Megan Frau who combines moths birds and other animals/ insects into her portraiture creating very textural pieces which have strong links to decay. 

I have previously looked at her work for my As portraiture project to the left is one of Megan's prints were as the right is my recreation 

...
Any way, so for my tailoring project I am currently planing (this will properly change over the summer)  to work the patterns and texture of the moths and birds into the lining of my jacket, bellow is a drawing of a humming bird and two moths that I am later planing on turning into a repeat pattern. 



No comments:

Post a Comment